The “Dog Gone Run” is a dog-friendly 5K, 10K and one-mile family walk to benefit BrightSide Animal Center in Redmond’s Sam Johnson Park. This is a dog-friendly event where runners are encouraged to run with their buddies, but it is not a requirement to participate. The course begins in beautiful Sam Johnson Park in Redmond and follows the paved trail in Redmond’s Dry Canyon.
Awards will be given for fastest finishers overall and in each age division.
Entry fee of $30 in advance, $35 after June 9, and $45 on race day includes a T-shirt and a cool bandana for your dog. Of course, runners without dogs also are invited.
Mail-in registration forms and payment must be postmarked by June 4. Download the registration form here.
Online registration is available Jan. 29 through June 9 at http://runsignup.com/Race/OR/Redmond/dogonerun.
Race-day registration ($45) will be 7-8:30 a.m. at Sam Johnson Park in Redmond.
Packet pickup and the BEST swag bag ever is on Friday June 15th from 1-6 p.m. at BrightSide Thrift Store, 838 NW 5th St. in Redmond, next to Grocery Outlet. Packets also can be picked up from 7 -8:30 a.m. at Sam Johnson Park on race day. Following the race, enjoy awards, recovery treats and an amazing raffle.
- Dogs must be kept on a leash at all times unless participating on an activity in the off-leash area
- No retractable leashes allowed
- All dogs will require proof of rabies vaccination
- Please do not bring female dogs in heat
- Participants are expected to practice responsible pet ownership
- Use good judgment regarding the temperament of your pet
- Pets must be kept under control at all times
- One dog per runner
- Please come prepared to clean up after your pet
- Water will be available for all animals
- If your pet requires a separate drinking container, please bring one
For more information, please email John at
- Start: 17 June 2017 9:00am
- Where: Sam Johnson Park