Development Manager – Full time
We are seeking a creative, positive, enthusiastic, and outgoing professional to join our team as a full time Development Manager. You’ll have a direct impact helping save animal lives in Central Oregon. This is the right position for a self-starter eager to play an integral role, make a measurable impact, and guide us into the future. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling first come, first served basis.
Intake Manager – Full time
BrightSide Animal Center is seeking a full time Intake Manager.
The role of the Intake Manager is to process the admission of cats and dogs that are going to become part of the BrightSide Animal Center adoption program while understanding the resources of the organization at any given time. Intake must be in alignment with BrightSide’s resources (capacity, medical, spay/neuter, behavior, age) and needs.
Kennel Technician – Full time & part time
Have you been on the lookout for an emotionally rewarding, gratifying, and fun job that heavily depends on responsibility?
BrightSide Animal Center is looking for the right individuals for a few important jobs at the shelter. Our staff works daily to keep our animals happy, healthy, and clean. We are eager to find more individuals to take on these essential jobs. Kennel Technician positions for both dogs and cats are available!
Intake Manager – Details
- Experience working with and comfortable handling animals, specifically dogs and cats. Including working with potentially fearful/fractious animals.
- Able to professionally analyze behavioral and medical issues prior to intake, in collaboration with the kennel manager and the veterinarian, and compare to the current and projected available capacity at the shelter.
- Comfortable vaccinating dogs and cats.
- Working computer knowledge and ability to quickly learn a new software system.
- Able to perform other administrative tasks such as email, phone messages, and compile daily reports.
- Self-motivated, well organized, detail oriented, good multi-tasker, and able to effectively work independently and within a team framework.
- Must be comfortable interacting with the public, both on the phone and in person, in sometimes stressful situations.
- Must be reliable with minimal unscheduled absences. As an essential position, must be willing and able to report to work to ensure operation of essential functions, regardless.
- Must be physically able to work on your feet all day, handle strong dogs, and move at a fast pace.
If interested please drop off your resume at the shelter, 1355 NE Hemlock Ave. in Redmond, Tuesday through Saturday, 10-2.
Kennel Technician – Details
These positions have an extremely impactful role here at the shelter as these are the individuals who start our animals day. From moving them to new places to feeding, watering, and cleaning up after them, all of the animals would rely on you for a healthy and safe environment while they wait for their forever homes. Though our dog and cat kennel positions have different aspects and needs, our current staff is eager to train, teach and pass this opportunity on to someone ready for a unique and significant position. These positions offer new experiences every day as we always have new furry friends to take care of. If you are interested in either dog or cat care, we are accepting volunteers and applicants to help learn the ropes! If you have any questions or interest in our open kennel tech positions, please give us a call or come on in.
Here are all the nitty gritty details. The Kennel Technician will maintain a clean, healthy environment for the animals and the public, and assist with animal adoptions and intake as needed. Duties and responsibilities:
- Regularly handle dogs/cats.
- Daily thorough cleaning of all animal areas, including inside/outside runs, cat areas, floors, dishes, bedding, travel crates, etc.
- Spot cleaning of animal and public areas throughout the day.
- Feeding the animals, providing special diets as needed.
- Monitoring the health of the animals on an ongoing basis and rapidly identifying any health problems or conditions (medical or behavioral) and immediately reporting to the supervisor.
- Socializing and grooming the animals as needed.
- Walking dogs as needed.
- Doing laundry, dishes, washing windows, cleaning and mopping public areas as needed.
- Promoting a humane and caring attitude towards animals.
- Assisting in the vaccination, examination, and performance of medical treatments as needed.
- Working courteously and cooperatively with other staff members.
Specific Job Skills:
- Be able to learn assigned tasks readily, be detail-oriented, and be able to follow instructions.
- Learn how to control animals with patience and kindness.
- Be able to lift up to 50 pounds
- Be very reliable, with a reliable form of transportation.
- Have a genuine affection for animals and a desire to provide them with sanitary and pleasant living conditions.
- Maturity, good judgment, and a professional personal appearance.
- Be comfortable with and have the ability to work with animals of unknown disposition.
Work Environment: While performing this job, the employee is regularly exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, live animals of varying temperaments, strong odors, cleaning chemicals, and a noisy environment. Availability: BrightSide Animal Center houses and cares for animals 365 days a year, including weekends and holidays. Availability and a willingness to work a flexible schedule are required. Must be at least 18 years of age.
Please apply in person. Bring resume to BrightSide Animal Center, 1355 NE Hemlock Ave in Redmond, OR. Job Types: Part-time and full-time available Pay: $12.75 per hour and endless animal love!