- This event has passed.
Dog Gone Run – cancelled for 2020
September 12, 2020 @ 8:30 am - 12:00 pm$35.00
The Dog Gone Run is a dog-friendly 5K, 10K and one-mile family walk to benefit BrightSide Animal Center in Sam Johnson Park in Redmond, OR. This is a dog-friendly event where runners are encouraged to run with their buddies, but it is not a requirement to participate. The course begins in beautiful Sam Johnson Park in Redmond and follows the trail in Redmond’s Dry Canyon. The 5- and 10K runs start promptly at 8:30 a.m., with the walk following at 8:40 a.m.
Awards will be given for fastest finishers overall and in each age division; and to the largest team.
Entry fee is $35 in advance, and $45 on race day, for either the 5K or the 10K, includes a cool bandana for your dog; tech shirts are $5 extra (specify your size on the registration page). Of course, runners without dogs also are invited. Teams can register for the 5K for just $30 per person. For the 1-mile run, individual registration is $20 and a team of four or more can register for $60 for the entire team.
Mail-in registration forms, available at BrightSide’s Redmond shelter, 1355 NE Hemlock Ave., and Thrift Store, 838 NW 5th, and payment must be postmarked by Sept. 5.
Online registration ($35) is available at http://runsignup.com/Race/OR/Redmond/dogonerun.
Race-day registration ($45) will be 7-8:00 a.m. at Sam Johnson Park in Redmond.
Packet pickup and the BEST swag bag ever is on Friday Sept. 11th from 1-5 p.m. at BrightSide Thrift Store, 838 NW 5th St. in Redmond, next to Grocery Outlet. Packets also can be picked up from 7 -8:00 a.m. at Sam Johnson Park on race day. Following the race, enjoy awards, recovery treats, a pancake feed and an amazing raffle.
- Keep dogs on a leash at all times
- No retractable leashes allowed
- All dogs will require proof of rabies vaccination
- Please do not bring female dogs in heat
- We expect participants to practice responsible pet ownership
- Use good judgment regarding the temperament of your pet
- Keep pets under control at all times
- One dog per runner
- Please come prepared to clean up after your pet
- Water will be available for all animals, as well as a cooling pool
- If your pet requires a separate drinking container, please bring one
For more information, please email Jan at [email protected]
Thank you to our sponsors!